Toothbrush - Ultra Soft - GREEN - OLA Bamboo
Plastic toothbrushes are some of the worst single use waste items riddling the planet. Electronic and battery operated plastic ones also add electronic waste!
Swapping to a bamboo toothbrush is an easy and impactful change you can make.
Not only is bamboo biodegradable, sustainable and renewable, it's a really fascinating plant. Check out all of the fun facts below!
These fantastic OLA Bamboo brushes have a fully compostable handle however the bristles are made of nylon and must be disposed of with regular garbage. While that is obviously not ideal, currently the only bamboo toothbrushes that are 100% compostable use bristles made with wild boar hair. Ick.
OLA Bamboo is currently working to develop a 100% compostable toothbrush made from plants.
FUN FACTS :
- OLA Bamboo products are made with Moso Bamboo which is NOT a food source for pandas or any other animals
- Moso Bamboo grows naturally at a rate of up to 4 feet per day without any pesticides or fertilizer
- Bamboo absorbs carbon dioxide and then releases 35% more oxygen than hardwood trees
- Bamboo needs only half as much water as regular trees
- Bamboo has a yield 25x greater than regular trees
- Bamboo has no genetically modified variants
- Bamboo has the tensile strength of steel
~ WHAT'S TO LOVE:
- The handle is made from 100% sustainable material
- The handle is compostable and biodegradable
- Store your bamboo toothbrush where it can get air and dry between uses
- Replace your brush every 3-4 months
- To compost, either use pliers to pull the bristles out and then compost the entire brush handle OR snap the head with bristles off and compost the remaining handle
- Before sending your brush off to compost, add it to your cleaning arsenal and use it for scrubbing those tight spots around your sink and tub
Bamboo handle, nylon bristles.